Details on the what and how of our mode of operation.
mataroa.blog exists to enable people to have their own voice on the web without needing to rely on the platforms and infrastructure of the most powerful.
We want to do that by empowering personal independent blogs.
We are committed to:
- No tracking of user or visitor behaviour.
- Never sell any user or visitor data.
- No ads — ever.
We take privacy seriously. Details on how are available in our Modus Privacy page.
Code of Content Publication
Content in mataroa blogs is unfiltered and unmonitored. Users are free to publish any combination of words and pixels. However, content of animosity or disparagement of an individual or a group on account of a group characteristic such as race, colour, national origin, sex, disability, religion, or sexual orientation will be taken down immediately.
If one notices something along those lines in a mataroa blog please let us know at email@example.com.
The user expressly understands and agrees that the operators of this website shall not be liable, in law or in equity, to them or to any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, lost profits, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages.
- The user is responsible for all content posted and all actions performed with their account.
- The user is responsible for maintaining the security of their account and password.
- We reserve the right to disable or delete a user's account for any reason at any time. We have this clause because, statistically speaking, there will be people trying to do something nefarious.
- We do not require an email address to register an account. However, it is the only way for us to contact a user in cases of any service update or account access restoration. For this reason, having an email registered is very useful.
We offer a Premium Plan of our service which requires payment. If a user opts for the Premium Plan they are billed immediately for the next one year term, and automatically billed every year unless cancelled.
We accept card payments through Stripe, but if one is not fond of this method we support alternatives. Please, email firstname.lastname@example.org for and with details.
We also fund CO₂ removal from the atmosphere using 5% of our subscription revenue through Stripe Climate.
We wouldn’t want to cause unhappiness. Any dissatisfied with our service user can ask—and most probably get—a refund at email@example.com.
We provide the mataroa.blog service on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We do not offer service-level agreements—but do take uptime seriously. You can find a record of outages at status.mataroa.blog.
Contact and Support
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.
Maybe we’ll change our minds for some of these statements. Users with an email to their account will receive a notice 14 days prior.
Mataroa was inspired by Bear Blog, another minimal blogging platform.
Mataroa is built using many existing open source technologies, which we deeply appreciate and want to thank for their beyond stellar work.
In somewhat particular order but not of importance:
- The Django Project, community, and the Django Software Foundation.
- The PostgreSQL community.
- The psycopg team.
- Unbit and the uWSGI community.
- The Caddy community.
- The contributors of markdown, pygments, bleach packages.
- and of course the creators and contributors of Python, Ubuntu, Debian, Linux kernel, Bash, GNU Project, MinIO, Let’s Encrypt, C, Git, vim, and the list is never ending...