Clean blogging platform with export as first-class feature. Just write.
- Get your own simple blog in 1 minute
- Hosted in <username>.mataroa.blog
- Write your posts in markdown
- See example post / example blog
- Export blog anytime — no platform lock-in
- as Zola sources, which is a static site generator similar to Hugo
- as Hugo sources. Very popular and reliable static site generator
- as markdown files
- Zero tracking
- No ads
- Lightning fast
- RSS feeds
- Import text/markdown files
- Redirect to new domain
- Open source software
- First year free — no card required
- $9/year after that
It’s midnight on a summer Friday. You are siting in the garden with your other half watching the stars. Random thoughts come and go except one — it’s the most brilliant thought you had all week! Solid thought; almost complete, only details remain unresolved. You want to write about it. But where?
Whilst weighing the options, an inescapable realisation monopolises your System 2: this is an idea worth writing in a blog.
You knew this day would come. Now you have to setup a blog. But where? All blog platforms, one way or another, come up short. The future is self published. But you want to just write! Not choosing between static site generators and hosting providers.
Enter mataroa.blog: the blogging un-platform.
With mataroa you can start writing immediately, and worry later about the long term future of your blog. Feel free to write as much as you want, and when you are ready to own your bytes, click EXPORT and you will be immediately offered to download a zip archive containing all your posts in a Zola directory scaffolding (or Hugo, or just markdown files). Just unzip, `cd`, run `zola serve`, and enjoy a real craftsman’s ownership. What a joy!